Friday, February 19, 2010

Japanese Pringles: because your Sour Cream and Onion is so previous level.

So, as it were, my house is a wonderland of Japanese snacks. One thing I always have in the pantry are Pringles, in flavors that you probably haven't eaten before, it's always a first for me too. Mentaiko flavor Pringles are not out of the question.

Here is a roundup of six Pringles JP flavors I've tried and was sober enough to remember snacking on: (there were more, but I can't remember them right now. I do remember a huge can of guacamole flavor and some french cheese flavor but I ate them before I could take a picture)




Ok, so from top to bottom, you have:

-usushio (lightly salted flavor)
-spicy chicken
-extreme mushroom
-extra pepper
-cheese carnival
-balsamic vinegar


Winner: extra pepper. Simple, yet delivers as promised. Great cracked pepper flavor that matches well with the artificial potato notes of your standard Pringle.

Loser: balsamic vinegar. This one didn't taste anything like its namesake. Salt and vinegar chips really do taste like vinegar, these barely tasted of anything. Disappointing.

1 comment: