Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Beodeulgol, Itaewon; 버들골, 이태원

Beoduelgol, located near exit 4 of Itaewon station, does pojangmachas a service. This establishment has a cozy atmosphere, friendly staff, and delicious seafood-based dishes - all without breaking the bank. Dan and I go there to eat (and drink) at least once a week.



Once seated, you're near instantaneously given a piping hot pot of mussels in a broth at no cost.


Of course, at a place like this, it's only proper to wash every down with bottles of soju.


My personal favorite thing on the menu is broiled mackerel. I get this each time I visit Beodeulgol because the portion is huge and it's always cooked perfectly and tastes amazing to boot.


The next thing ordered was the king shrimp. Nice to munch on with a side of gochujang (hot pepper paste).


By this time, Dan and I were pretty full, but Dan's girlfriend came to join us so it was only proper to order more food. She decided to get the snails with noodles. I'm personally not a huge fan of snails, but the taste of the snails did not bother me so much in this dish. However, I felt this dish was too spicy (as did Dan and his girlfriend).


This is definitely a place I'll visit many more times to come.

Food: 4.4/5 stars
Ambiance: 4/5 stars
Service: 4.3/5 stars


No comments:

Post a Comment