Tuesday, February 9, 2010

4Horsemen X Granted handknit Cowichan sweater

I wanted to show my support for this store, 4Horsemen, out of Vancouver, so I bought one of their latest annual handknit Cowichan sweaters that they make in very limited quantities in collaboration with Granted, which is apparently a local handknitting operation in Vancouver.

Today was a rainy day but not too cold, so I decided to take it easy today and stay in - perfect weather for wrapping up in a couple kilos of handknit wool.

I've had various handknit cable sweaters in the past, and heavy knits - Jil Sander, Raf, APC, blah, blah, but this one is definitely hand done, and very beefy. It's pure long-fiber new wool, with wooden buttons, and made with no more than a pair of knitting needles and a sewing needle for attaching buttons and tags. That is pretty damn impressive. I went for navy, to match my oriental complexion best. A good buy.

Here I am wearing it today, with my legendary looking APC New Standards and a pair of Red Wings.



I believe that 4Horsemen still have a couple of these left, out of the edition of 15, so interested parties may be able to grab one from their site. I think they run $350.

No comments:

Post a Comment